WHO WE ARE
At ECH we are dedicated to providing children with solid and substantial growth experiences which will prepare them for effective personal, family, community and career interactions. We provide caring, professional services that empower, educate and nurture children, youth and families to become productive, healthy members of the community.
ECH Every Child's Hope in St. Louis offers:
- Residential care for troubled boys and girls ages 6 to 18.
- Safe-intensive residential treatment program for boys and girls in severe crisis.
- ECH School for selected residents with special educational needs.
- Day Treatment for troubled children who remain in their homes.
- Affordable child care for preschoolers 2 to 6 years old, which includes a fully accredited kindergarten program.
- Three community based group homes located on or near the campus.
- Steppingstone, an independent living program for older teens ages 17 to 21.
- Family Connections which offers affordable counseling at three sites within the St. Louis area.
- Family Reunification Services which provide intensive, in-home services to families reunifying with their children.
- Family Focused Residential Services which provide a broad range of services designed to help families successfully reunite.
Steppingstone, a program of ECH Every Child's Hope in Kansas City, Missouri, offers:
- Independent living program for young adults ages 15 1/2 to 21.
- Program for parenting and pregnant teens and their children.
ECH gives each child and family a chance to make a difference in their lives. A chance to make a fresh start and strive for a better life than the one they have led.
At ECH, the entire family is given the opportunity of a lifetime, to start over. Here at ECH, we believe that every member of the family deserves a chance at happiness and harmony.
ECH offers a wide variety of care. Everything from residential treatment to on-grounds schooling to counseling, we offer something for each person we serve, no matter what their age or their need.
Founded in 1858, ECH began serving children in the St. Louis area. Since then, we have continued to work with the children and expanded our services to include the entire family structure, all the while offering the best possible care to everyone we serve.
ECH is a private not-for-profit child care agency voluntarily affiliated with the Council for Health and Human Services Ministry related to the United Church of Christ.
ECH adheres to Federal and State laws which prohibit discrimination in the delivery of services on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, handicap/disability or religious belief.
Approved by: Charities Committee, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan St. Louis, Mo.
Member of: Missouri Coalition of Children’s Agencies, Child Welfare League of America
Certified by: The Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services (COA)
Founding Member for the MissouriAlliance for Children and Families